Live Stream Havdalah
Havdalah—a beautiful service that features a fragrant spice box, a braided candle and a cup of wine—marks the transition from Shabbat to the new week.
At the Steve & Shari Sadek Family Camp Interlaken JCC, Havdalah is something extraordinary.
Those who have experienced it know what I’m talking about:
- the crispness of the Northwoods night air
- the feeling of the grass and gravel underneath you while sitting together lakeside
- the sound of frogs intermingled with the soft strumming of the song leaders’ guitars
- the glow of the Havdalah candle under the stars
- the silence that is palpable as the candle is extinguished with a sizzle in the Kiddush cup
- the entire camp family singing “Shavua Tov,” in unison, arm in arm, treating this solemn ceremony with the utmost reverence
Havdalah at Interlaken is special, no doubt about it.
Would you like to experience it?
We invite you to gather around your laptop, your iPad, or your SmartPhone for a sample of the Havdalah our campers—YOUR campers—are enjoying in Eagle River.
Please join us on Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 at 9:30 pm Central Time on Facebook Live for a long-distance Havdalah at Camp. You provide the spices, the candle and the wine (or grape juice); we’ll provide the songs, blessings and inside access!
To access this, please make sure to visit and like Camp Interlaken’s page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/interlakenjcc/
Login to Facebook at 9:30 pm central time to be welcomed to Havdalah with the entire Camp!
Click here for the lyrics & words to the song and prayers for Havdalah: Havdalah Service
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Havdalah set at home, you can do some DIY projects to bring Havdalah to your house: